Take an epic journey to NZ with the 18-Day Panorama Coach Tour
This week we’re diving into one of our favourite offerings, the 18–day epic that is the Panorama Tour. Taking you across both islands and to all of the biggest highlights, this is a coach tour of New Zealand unlike any other. Here’s what you can expect.
The Ultimate NZ Itinerary
It’s named the Panorama Tour for good reason — you’ll be treated to the full spectrum of NZ on your 18–day escorted tour! Get ready for a tour that’s totally stress–free as you focus on the things that are important: seeing the sights and spending time with loved ones. Some of the highlights from both islands include:
North Island Highlights
- Auckland, Paihia & Bay of Islands – Begin your journey in our beautiful City of Sails, Auckland, before making your way to the Bay of Islands where you’ll take a ride through the famous hole–in–the–rock at Cape Brett, and visit one of NZ’s most important cultural settlements, Waitangi.
- Rotorua, Taupo, Napier, Wairarapa, Wellington – First stop on your way down the North Island is NZ’s capital of Māori culture — and geysers — Rotorua. Then it’s onward to Taupo, and our nation’s largest lake. Next up is the funky, Art Deco–inspired city of Napier before making your way down through the rural heartland in Wairarapa all the way to our cool capital city, Wellington. Then it’s time to board the ferry and see the South Island!
South Island Highlights
- Hanmer Springs, Christchurch – After arriving in the seaside town of Picton, you’ll travel south to the alpine views and therapeutic hot springs at Hanmer Springs. Enjoy a morning of exploring before making the short drive to the garden city, Christchurch.
- Tekapo, Dunedin, Te Anau, Milford Sound – As you make your way south, stop at the beautiful Lake Tekapo, known for its brightly coloured waters and beautiful Lupin blossoms. See the massive Moeraki Boulders, experience southern hospitality in Dunedin and tour the majestic gardens of Larnach Castle. Then it’s time to see perhaps the most stunning views in all of New Zealand at the mighty Milford Sound.
- Te Anau, Queenstown, Wanaka, West Coast – After soaking up the sights in Fiordland, make your way to Central Otago, where you’ll stop in Queenstown and Wanaka, before heading up to the West Coast. Visit the glacier at Franz Josef, then board the TranzAlpine train at Greymouth and enjoy a special ride back to Christchurch as you bring a truly epic journey to its conclusion!
Meet your expert tour guides, Kirra ToursOperated by Kirra Tours, the Panorama Tour is designed to be a trip that lives on in your memory for many years after the journey ends. NZ owned and operated, the team at Kirra Tours draw on more than 50 years’ worth of experience to bring you a coach tour that strikes the perfect balance between seeing as much of our beautiful islands as possible, great accommodation and meals, and giving you time to explore. Outside of the plush comfort of the coach, Kirra put together an itinerary of top–notch accommodation with breakfast included every day to ensure you’re well rested and ready to go before hitting the road.
Ready to experience New Zealand at its best? Book your Premium Coach Tour